SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 31 August 2019

Busy Bee, Booking Flights, B&B's etc!

The last two days have not been good at all and caused lots of stress, but can't talk about it yet. Today was a day of jobs – things I had to get sorted. Drove over to Ely to drop important documents off at Vivien's bedsit and came straight back to King's Lynn.

I spent the entire afternoon and evening, sorting and booking things to complete my trip to Fair Isle in October. I had already paid for the Airtask flight from Tingwall to Fair Isle and the North Link Ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick, but cancelled this and got a full refund on the ferry as have changed my travel plans.

The price of the train up to Aberdeen, which is always the first leg of my journey is now twice what is used to be, so instead I have booked a Loganair flight from Norwich to Aberdeen and Aberdeen to Sumburgh on Shetland! Yes, this is more expensive than the train fare and ferry, but not much more and worth it to get there quicker without all the hassle of changing trains and sleeping on the floor on the 14 hour ferry! I have also added a day to my holiday and am now going up to Shetland two days before I go to Fair Isle and am in the midst of booking a B&B for a couple of nights. This will give me a small window to see some birds on Shetland before heading to Fair Isle.

So I will be away on holiday for 16 days and have to keep my luggage to 15kg (not counting camera and binoculars) – that will be very difficult indeed! Going birding tomorrow. Looking forward to my September holiday, which is a week from Saturday 21st – birding in Norfolk!

No comments:

Post a Comment