SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 3 March 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Saturday 2nd March

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Glaucous Gulls x 2 at Heogan, Isle of Bressay. Iceland Gull, Little Gull at Shetland Catch, Gremista.

"Alex" came out this morning and will give me a quote for the floor in a few days time – after removing the mouldy chipboard flooring, he suggested washing the black mouldy concrete with a bleach solution and then putting my dehumidifer in the room for a good while, then a sealant such as Blackjack, then lay down Kingspan, then new anti mould flooring – this will also involve removing the newly painted skirting board. Its going to take far longer to finish my office than I thought it was going to take.

Just before Alex turned up, my shower decided to stop working in the middle of washing my hair. I had to rinse the conditioner out in stone cold water in the kitchen sink. My kitchen tap is a mixer tap and the hot water trickles out, so no good for washing or rinsing thick hair, hence why I used cold water. I found out the shower has been in place for approximately 16 years, so I suppose its had a good run, its a Mira Azora shower. Why did it wait until I moved in?! Managed to get an electrician out (who has done work on this house before) who thought it might be a "Mira 1.872.28.3.0 Microswitch Assembly
3 Pins 872.28", but firstly after much searching on line its discontinued anyway and also he wasn't sure if it was that or not and suggested to contact the electrician who gave me a quote for my new heaters etc, as he "does showers", so I sent him a text and another 'did he get my text?' text and heard nothing back. Feeling very, very deflated right now. 😩 😒 😢

3 comments:

  1. Gee Whizz Penny, is it never-ending? I hope you've had the rest of the flooring in the house checked out as well? As for the shower, last time we got someone to replace an old shower we had to have the whole main fuse box changed as well as that was well out of date, so don't be surprised if you have to as well. Wishing you all the best with it all and hope you can finally enjoy the place when it's all fixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny, we’ve moved house 5 times and every time we’ve had to replace the boiler, rectify damp/mould somewhere or other and treat an infestation (ants, cat fleas, wasps, you name it).I’m very sorry you’ve had all these problems at once, especially in a Shetland winter. It’s good to get these things sorted at the beginning of your tenure, though. Best of luck with the repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny. They still do the Mira Azora 9.8 kw and the glass fronted option seems to be available on e bay at about £270. Probably easier to replace a 16 year old shower with a new one rather than just new parts. Hope that helps x

    ReplyDelete