SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 5 November 2012

Bird News!

I wish I hadn't bothered telling my work colleagues today about the record number of Shags I recorded at Hunstanton last night – it only resulted in fits of giggles, uncontrollable hysteria and silly behaviour all round! Oh well at least I made people laugh this morning! One particular lady was laughing so much, her mascara ran and another had to get tissues to mop up the tears rolling down her cheeks! I ended up laughing just as much as them! Well, they shouldn't have made the fatal mistake of asking how my holiday was and asking 'did I see any good birds?'!!!! They only ask to be polite bless them and I know they hope very much that I don't run on tooooo much about birds I have seen – its dead boring to non-birders, all this bird talk. One day though, maybe, possibly, one of them might just get hooked!

I had a lovely surprise today when a lady I used to work with at the Lynn News joined us this morning. I worked alongside her for seven years and have not seen her for a long time. She is now training as Occupational Therapy Student and will be working with us on placement for six weeks.

Main Highlights in Norfolk – RBA
Waxwings all along the coast
Sacred Ibis at Salthouse
Ross's Goose at Waxham
2 Long-tailed Ducks at Titchwell RSPB
2 Black Redstarts at Hunstanton
Velvet Scoter and Short-eared Owl at Hopton-on-Sea
Ferruginous Duck at Welney WWT
2 Jack Snipe, 4 Water Pipits at Strumpshaw Fen RSPB
2 Caspian Gulls, 6 Yellow-legged Gulls, 3 Water Pipits at Cley
Great Northern Diver at Holme
Great Northern Diver at Hemsby
Velvet Scoter, Puffin, 3 Shags at Walcott
Short-eared Owl at Burnham Overy Staithe

Andy Brown recorded 40 Shags roosting at Hunstanton Cliffs this evening.

1 comment:

  1. Always tricky talking to non-birders. The Great Tits on my fat balls elict a similar response altough I have learned to use different words now

    ReplyDelete