SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 28 September 2024

MEGA: PECHORA PIPIT AT QUENDALE MILL!

PECHORA PIPIT

Quendale Mill

Found by Andrew Jordan
 
Spectacular views of my first Pechora Pipit at Quendale Mill this afternoon! It was shockingly cold today, but my own fault as I forgot to layer up properly and also left my collection of gloves in the boot of the car. This bird was far more flamboyant than I expected it to be. It fed in the grasses and the field behind the dry stone wall and went missing for fairly short periods, but always appeared on a stone again at some point and seemed fairly settled. I felt sorry for it, as it really was freezing cold today.

Lovely to catch up with John Coutts, Rebecca N, Jill and others. By the time I got back to my car, my hands were too cold to actually turn the ignition on, seriously! I had to put one hand over the other to get the car started. Full heat all the way home! Looking through my photos, unusually I have quite a lot of 'keepers' as we say, which is very pleasing indeed! Last day tomorrow before I return to work on Monday – for four days only and then have another two weeks off! Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment