SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 20 September 2024

Busy Day & Being Creative with Moon & Stars!

After having a very long sleep from not feeling well at all, the day improved no end. My last Rointe Belize Radiator arrived at GTS which I collected and unexpectedly my massive flat-packed white bookcases for the office/studio have arrived! They have completely taken over my living room – only place to stack 6 x 8ft boxes, I can only see half of the TV now! 😆 The very nice man who delivered them made the mistake of saying he used to do all the flat-packing for Muddy Bay (shop here) – I took my opportunity to ask if he would be interested in me paying him to help me put these bookcases together, as there is no way I can physically do that one myself, in fact I think it needs three people to be honest – I gave him my number, we'll see what happens.

I have had my creative head on and wanted to do something funky with the skylight which is half way along my corridor. The skylight is flat plastic sheeting under a wavy plastic section and part of the corrugated iron roof. I asked my builder if this could be changed to glass as it would be brilliant to see all the stars above, his answer was 'no'. So, I decided to create my own starry scene and its turned out much better than I expected, even though I do say so myself! I already have two battery powered sensor lights in the front porch (where you can't have any electric) so I sent off for another one to represent the moon! I then spent ages on the top step of my new tall step ladder, fixing up some fairy lights I bought last year, but hadn't used yet. The lights come with a remote control which I have stuck to the door frame with double-sided sellotape!
 
Skylight and hatch before being painted and in daylight


Skylight and hatch painted, at night and complete!
 
Remote control on door frame for fairy lights
 
My new Duette insulating blinds installed yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment