SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 10 September 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Common Rosefinches x 4, Pied Flycatcher at Ham, Isle of Foula.
 
 
Atrocious weather here, with lashing rain all day, gale force north west winds and a yellow weather warning until 8pm. A sweet scene of at least 15 House Sparrows sheltering under the slate roof of my hanging bird table this evening, when I returned home from work. New hanging baskets still in place! Lots of leaves blown from the trees, a real Autumn feel to the weather.
 
I actually lit my fire tonight it was so chilly – so cosy, love lighting the fire! The burn on Gallow Hill behind me is raging down the hill and under my house. Two landslips at Kergord today, another at Weisdale and flooding across road at Cunningsburgh and other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment