SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 2 November 2017

Happy Birthday

To My Dearest Father

       Wherever you are.....
        
                You are here with us, always and forever


A thousand winds that blow
Diamond glints on snow
Sun on ripened grain
Gentle Autumn rain
Quiet birds in circled flight
Soft stars that shine at night
You did not die
You are here with us
In our hearts and minds
Every day, and always

Adaption from 'Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep',which I read at your funeral.

Today you would have been 91 years old. It's going to be a difficult day. It will be the first time I won't be buying coffee cake for your birthday! How much you used to love having chestnuts on your birthday too! Such fond memories of us cooking chestnuts on the tortoiseshell wood burner at the observatory in the winter – we would nod off and be woken suddenly, by an exploding chestnut! In this picture which mother took, I was taking you out in my Hyundai Coupe – if I remember correctly, we were going to Dersingham Bog to photograph Green Tiger Beetles. So many memories, so many happy times we've had. I might have to buy a coffee cake today, how could I not!
All my Love Penny xxx
 
TAKEN BY MY MOTHER AT HOLME


This evening I sat with you. We listened to the calls of Pink-footed Geese on the marsh and the moon was bright – I didn't really need my torch to find you – I knew every footstep to where you are at rest. It was cold, you hated the cold and yet here you are in a cold place. Hopefully your spirit is warm up there in the skies above with sun and birds and all things bright. It was so hard to leave you, but I know you are now at peace and where you belong.

Mother and I had a piece of coffee cake in honour of your birthday and reminisced – we were both so sad, but also comforted that you had an amazing life up until your latter years. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment