SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 25 March 2018

Weekend Update!

After working six days last week and my mother being very poorly on Thursday and Friday, I was completely exhausted by Saturday. The only thing I achieved was collecting my new iphone 6 battery from the Apple Store in Norwich – so hopefully the phone will operate a bit better now.

Today I dropped some shopping off at mother's and then went to Titchwell RSPB and walked around the Fen Trail and to Patsy's Pool and East trail. I counted 8 smart Bramblings in the willows along the boardwalk not far from the shop, but nothing else of note really. A pair of Mute Swans were at the small pool at the far end of the East Trail and a couple of Long-tailed Tits were flitting around in the hedge. I was hoping for a Chiffchaff or other Spring migrants, but no luck. It was a beautiful sunny day, but this is not going to last according to the weather forecast – cold weather and snow is forecast for the Easter break! Back in the car park I sprinkled some bird seed out for a couple of Robins and sat for a while watching them. Bees were out today and I also saw a toad.

I was going to head east and walk Burnham Overy Dunes to look for a Wheatear, but felt really lousy. I felt like I had the beginning of a virus, so had no choice but to head home and was back in King's Lynn just after 5pm. Took a couple of paracetemol and spent the evening on the sofa, not feeling very good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment