SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 2 June 2018

Searching for Rares!

Unable to go to Blakeney Point because of leaving my dear mother for too long, I opted to find my own Moltoni's Subalpine Warbler! I walked from Brancaster Staithe along the coastal footpath to Burnham Deepdale and back. It was a beautiful walk with lots of beautiful wild flowers and wild rose scent filled the air, but I hardly saw any common birds, never mind rares! My entire list consisted of lots of Wood Pigeons, Blackbirds, Starlings, House Sparrows, Goldfinches x 2 and a Hedgesparrow.

Luckily, I saw the first mainland Moltoni's Subalpine Warbler, which was also at Blakeney Point in the The Plantation on 11th May 2015 – here is the link. It would be really good if someone is going to find a mega in Norfolk, that it is close to Holme please! Thanks in advance! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment