SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 4 October 2018

Paintings By Me!

Vivien and I are having to sort through a life time of treasures from my parents, which emotionally we are not ready to do. Our mother's house has no central heating now (there was a parkray fire a year ago) and only plug in electric heaters. I will be back at work very soon and Vivien now needs to look for a job, since she was made redundant in the Spring. We simply can't leave anything of importance or value in the house with nobody here and no heating. I found some of my artwork in one of my father's folders. I sold several of these Black-winged Stilt paintings for £10 in 1987 and hadn't realised my father had kept one! I can't remember why I painted an Olivaceous Warbler – there certainly wasn't one at Holme! Not too bad an effort for my young age I suppose!

The Black-winged Stilts that bred at Holme
Painted by Penny Clarke aged 22 – 1987

Olivaceous Warbler
Painted By Penny Clarke aged 24 – 1989

No comments:

Post a Comment