SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 8 October 2018

Recovery Day and The Cat Returns 'Home'!

I ached all over today from my big walk to Blakeney Point! An exciting day after finding out my Lesser Whitethroat in The Plantation at Blakeney Point, which I thought was a Siberian blythi race, is more than probably either a Desert or Central Asian Lesser Whitethroat, after conversing with two very knowledgeable birders this evening – they were both so excited about this bird and described it as 'striking', 'superb' and 'fantastic' were just some of the words they used. LGRE seems to think 'Central Asian' too, after I tweeted a picture out.

I don't know why my mother rented her washing machine, but hey ho! It was collected today, so no more washing until I return to King's Lynn! I opened the front door to go and hang some washing on the line and like lightening, the CAT shot in the door! OMG! The cat we re-homed at the village pub!!! I had heard they had been keeping it in for a while, so it got used to where it was – obviously they have now let it out! I was shocked, but not surprised to see 'Missy' turn up. The pub have not returned my cat carrier yet, so I had to pick the cat up and sit it on the front passenger seat of my car. The cat was not happy and meowed all the way around the village, as I took it back to its new home. It was very distressing all round. Somebody that works in the pub took the cat from me and took it indoors. Oh dear!

A bookseller arrived at my mother's house this morning to buy some of her 438 books! It sounds a lot but this is only a small amount from her hoard of books! These were simply the books that Vivien and I decided that none of us wanted and they could go to Boot Sale, seller or charity shop! The bookseller purchased 165 books, which was brilliant – but we still have 273 to go, plus two massive boxes we are not sure about, plus all the ones that we do want and the ones going to auction!!! How many books can you fit in one small house?! Mother did a good job of squeezing in as many as she possibly could, to add to father's massive hoard of books!

No comments:

Post a Comment