SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 28 September 2019

Setting Up the New iPhone and Issues!

One of the many reasons why I don't actually like changing my phone is the fact that there are always issues and things to resolve, which entails tedious phone calls to Apple, TalkTalk and today my building society as well! It has taken far too much valuable time to sort, but all now solved apart from my banking App. which NO ONE can open on the new iPhone – after two lengthy phone calls to my building society, they have only just become aware of the problem themselves and even whilst I was on the phone, they had more and more calls coming in from people not being able to open the App – Ok, I lie, you can open it, but just when you get to the last sign in bit, it fails and tells you to restart the App or look at their internet status. I tried everything before I made the phone calls – removing the App and reinstalling and loads of other tedious stuff. Anyway, the lady I was speaking to said the App would be updated eventually, but could take a good while to sort, as Apple is way ahead of everyone else and nobody gets any warnings, if things are not going to work such as Apps. The other issue I had was pairing up the phone with the car, which worked eventually and just general housekeeping on the phone.

Lots of cool features on the phone, including face recognition to open the phone up and the best new feature is being able to select all emails on mass to delete – a huge bonus in itself! I have yet to look at other features, will try the cameras out tomorrow. I don't feel like I've had a week off at all and I'm desperate to get out in the air and see some birds – mind you, I think there are just as many birds in my little garden right now. Family of House Sparrows and notably Long-tailed Tits (last few days only), Robins, Blackbirds, Hedge Sparrows and Collared Doves in my garden daily, feasting on my bird food selection of bird seed, fat balls and squares, nuts, mealworms, mixed fruit, sunflower hearts etc. I'm still picking tomatoes and runner beans! Shetland is the place to be right now, I hope it doesn't burn out before I get there in mid October!

No comments:

Post a Comment