SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 1 January 2020

My BIG Anniversary! A Decade of Blogging!

The first picture I posted ten years ago today! Me at Blakeney Point


I have been blogging for exactly ten years now! I started this blog on 1st January 2010. Here is the link to my FIRST POST!

Its been a busy decade! I never guessed in a million years that my blog would take off like it has and become so popular with so many people of all ages and I have met so many lovely people because of it too. I've managed to keep up with huge websites such as Birdforum etc in the 'FatBirder' ratings and I feel very lucky to be where I am. But, it has been extremely hard work to maintain and I know of several people that have started similar bird news sites, but have not been able to keep it going. It requires complete dedication to post every single day without fail – however I'm feeling, where ever I have been and what ever is going on in my life, I have managed to keep it going.

There have been many times that I have questioned why I'm doing this blog and how long will I keep going with it. I like to write and keep a diary, so I suppose that's mainly what its all about for me. I inherited my father's stubbornness and don't like to give up! I did consider having a blog break/end after this ten years, so I can concentrate more on sorting my life out, but when I thought about it seriously, I realised I would be lost without it – a part of my life would be missing and I have lost enough over the last few years, so I will carry on!

I have had 6,094,966 page views over the decade!

I am extremely grateful to my long standing subscribers and followers and I appreciate your support and kindness over the years – THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH INDEED!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Penny keep up the blog and Thank You .👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Penny. I and all your readers love reading your blog.
    Mum and I are hoping to see the blue headed eastern yellow wagtail again today. Saw it Christmas Day.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 10-year milestone, Penny. It's a great achievement, and I'm sure your readers appreciate the effort you have put into your blog in that time. Happy New Year to you, and here's to the next decade of your blog.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny!
    We daily bloggers are becoming few and far between! Happy New Year and keep going: your entertaining diary entries are always worth reading!

    ReplyDelete