SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 6 January 2020

Weekend Update!

Thursday and Friday I had very bad toothache, but couldn't get an emergency appointment either with my own dentist or the emergency dentist – was told to ring 111 to get seen by a dentist that could be anywhere in the county, but I was in so much pain and very tired from work on Friday evening, that I couldn't face ringing up and in any case didn't feel capable of driving anywhere – one of those situations where you wish you had someone to take you. Had a rough night's sleep because of this and woke up late Saturday morning. Weirdly, the toothache had disappeared!

Went out birding on Saturday, but I didn't have a very productive day at all! My first stop was to visit  "Moulham & Horn" pet food/animal feed etc shop at Heacham, to buy lots more bird food. I then went to Holme NOA to see the Waxwing that has been showing from Richardson's Hide. The Firs Road, was the most bumpy I can recall for years – you couldn't get into 2nd gear even! Not good for any car suspension, hopefully it will be resurfaced again this winter. Anyway, no sign of the Waxwing at all and if the news had gone out on time that the Waxwing had relocated to the toilet block area by the main village car park, then I needn't have tortured my poor old Skoda along the bumpy road! I couldn't find the Waxwing around the toilet block area either and neither could any one else. Gave up and went to Titchwell RSPB for a quick lunch – very unusually it was not quick and had to wait a long time for my food (its normally extremely quick) and there were not many people in or outside the 'Feeding Station' as it was late afternoon. Headed to Wells to see the Rough-legged Buzzard and dipped on that too! Returned home.

Today I did 8.25 hours at work and came home exhausted. Picked Lucy up and took her back to mine to do her bowings for her next concert, which is on the NSO website as Lucy doesn't have any internet facility where she lives, so I always help her out with this. Phew! Roll on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment