SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 25 July 2020

Weekend Update!

Last Saturday, British Gas fixed my hot water/heating system and it was the three way valve that had broken – it was replaced at a very reasonable cost and got the boiler serviced at the same time. I spent this morning, moving stuff around to allow 'Hughes' delivery men to take out my old washing machine and deliver the new one, which arrived at 2.30pm today, thank goodness! Cracking thunderstorm and torrential rain this afternoon, which has ruined some of my flowers. Went to Sainsbury's this evening, where the majority of people were wearing face masks, but still the odd person not following the rules!

At last, I have been given permission to take Lucy out in my car!!! But, with very strict rules! We both have to wear masks and Lucy will have to sit behind the front passenger seat, so we are the furthest apart that we can be. I have to tell the Manager (where Lucy lives), exactly where I take Lucy, so that she can 'risk assess' the situation!!! I was sent a word document of rules that I have to agree to and sign, before taking her out! Crazy! Like me, Lucy does not travel well in the back of a car, so I don't expect she will want to go far. We will probably just sit in my garden tomorrow (which she is also allowed to do now). That in itself will be an outing for Lucy! She's been stuck in the same place since March, as many people have done, who have and are still shielding.

My tooth seems to have settled down again and I have had several good night's sleep with no pain! The dodgy tooth did exactly the same thing back in April and then settled again. It still needs re-filling, but still waiting for the dentist to obtain full PPE kit.

Lots of birds in the garden, including lots of House Sparrows, Blackbirds, Song Thrush, Starlings, Collared Doves, Wood Pigeons, Hedge Sparrow, Robins, Blue Tit, Coal Tit and Great Tit  and not a rat in sight so far! Swifts also gracing moody skies this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment