SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 11 August 2020

The Hottest Day EVER At Work!!!

I can't recall so many good birds this early in August for many years! Normally I would be out searching for my own Pied Flycatchers etc after work, but we were literally drowning in heat at the hospital with our hot uniforms, aprons, gloves and masks. I have never been this hot and exhausted in my life! We still have three more days of this relentless heat, before the temperature drops! I don't know how much more I can take! I'm not exaggerating when I say most of us were dripping with the heat. What I would give to have some air conditioning!

Each evening after work is a massive effort to simply do the normal chores of having a shower, cooking, washing up, making sandwiches, breakfast etc for the following day, washing clothes, doing the bird ponds, watering the plants and writing the blog! Phew! Its so sticky tonight, I don't think I will be sleeping a wink! Roll on Saturday! I have booked next Monday and Tuesday off as holiday, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment