SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 4 March 2021

TWITTER ABUSE AND TROLLS!

On Wednesday evening (late/early hours of Thursday), I discovered that I had received tons of trolling and abuse to a post that I responded to, that Norfolk Police had tweeted. Several of my lovely Twitter family/birders responded in agreement with me and one of them was also abused for agreeing with me along with a few others I have now noticed this evening. To my knowledge, I don't know anyone who sent the cruel and abusive tweets! Well, I hope I don't know them! Obviously on social media, people have the right to respond and disagree etc, but I for one, will NOT put up with inappropriate, twisted, incorrect and cruel abuse!

https://twitter.com/NorfolkPolice/status/1366415856335478787

https://twitter.com/Pennyshotbirdin/status/1366425929896112135

I was quite shocked to be honest, as this has never happened to me before and I know that the sensible thing to do, is not to reply at all. But, some of the tweets were so abusive, I didn't see why they should get away with it! Because of my lack of response initially, I don't think some of them thought I was going to reply. So a day later (yesterday evening) I decided to reply to most of them with fairly polite replies I felt, as I didn't want to stoop to their gutter level.

Yesterday evening, I had to report a particularly vile person called 'Maisie' to Twitter, who sent me a disgusting torrent of garbage – the abuser didn't like me politely replying back to her completely unnecessary and unwarranted abuse, which resulted in her cruel psychotic behaviour, increasing to another level – she then blocked me, but stupidly didn't realise, that I had already taken screenshots of her evil abuse! At the end of one of my last replies back to her, I wrote 'You need urgent help!' I don't think that went down too well!

Basically this person and many, many others seemed to be anti mask, anti lockdown people and weird non-believers that Covid even exists! The level of abuse I received was pretty bad from many of these people, but this particular person was on another level! Even one of the other 'anti covid' people realised her abuse had gone too far and wrote "Think this may have gone too far .. I’m all for a counter argument and a difference of opinion but the lady doesn’t deserve the abuse Maisie" This person continued to support me, for which I'm very grateful, at least they accepted and acknowledged that 'Maise' had gone too far!

The person I reported is 'Maisie' a lovely sweet individual, here is her account: https://twitter.com/Maisie681 and here she is! But of course Maisie could be anyone, could be male, could be female and this picture might not even be her!


I have noticed this evening, that several of the other abusers have deleted some of their abusive tweets too! Too late I'm afraid, as I took screenshots of every tweet!🤣 

Because of my younger readers, I'm not going to include the screenshots of Maisie's vile tweets, as they are quite disturbing, but I have them if anyone wants to see them! Its a good job that I am old enough and wise enough to not be seriously upset by all of this and I now have first hand experience of what trolling can potentially do to people's mental state, especially those that are far younger than myself. Very, very sad indeed. I hope that Maisie's account is removed!

We all respond to this kind of stuff differently and initially it did make me feel quite shocked and low in mood. I know that for me, responding was the right think to do and it made me feel a whole lot better!!! But for some of you, the sensible thing to do, is not to waste your precious time responding! 

2 comments:

  1. I honestly don't understand those people... As you described them: they are gutless 'keyboard warriors' with a very tenuous grasp on reality, science or common decency. Take no notice Penny.. Thanks for all that you and your colleagues do on our behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You handled it perfectly, I find it very worrying that after all this Country and all the others have been through there are people that don't think Covid exists.

    ReplyDelete