SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 15 September 2021

Garden Drove, Warham and East Hills at Wells!

EAST HILLS, WELLS
 

Out birding at last!!! Arrived at Garden Drove, Warham and walked along the track to the copse at the north end. I didn't find a single bird along here, which I couldn't quite believe! My only consolation was the wonderful buzzing of thousands of bees, hoverflies and a few Red Admirals feeding on the ivy either side of the path.

East Hills at Wells produced a little more thank goodness! Initially I only found a Pheasant and a Wood Pigeon. Later on I found 2 lovely Pied Flycatchers flitting around catching flies in a single sycamore tree, along with a Chiffchaff – frustratingly though, I wasn't able to get any decent shots – they didn't sit still or perch on a convenient twig at all! Neither did the Chiffchaff. I found 9 Meadow Pipits feeding on the edge of the pool amongst the sea lavender clumps. Found a pair of Stonechats here with the male perched on one bramble and the female on another a short distance away.

On round two of covering the area, I was very excited to find a cracking male Brambling with a Chaffinch on the eastern edge of the central sycamore glade, but it disappeared before I could even lift the camera! Around the harbour were Turnstones, Little Egrets, Oystercatchers, Ringed Plovers x 40, Grey Plovers x 2, Redshanks and Cormorants. A gorgeous day to be out and saw some lovely birds, but not lucky with the camera. Maybe it was because I was using the Canon 7D Mark II for the first time, my 7D was left at home and obviously not happy to be cast aside!

I returned home much earlier than I normally would do – I was very tired due to a rubbish night's sleep from ongoing left shoulder pain and I had some parcel deliveries to collect. Out birding again tomorrow!

MORE PICTURES TO BE ADDED

No comments:

Post a Comment