SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 3 May 2022

Dotterel at Ringstead!

BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY

A late evening trip out to Ringstead to see the 6 Dotterel found by Mark Bradberry (who also found them initially on 21st April). I arrived at Green Bank and initially there was no one else here, so I had the huge task of scanning several fields. Shortly after I arrived a car pulled up with three birders, who knew exactly which field to look in and had been told by someone, to look towards St Mary's Church at Holme. The second I scanned this area, I could see what was 99% a Dotterel scurrying along a couple of yards behind a Red-legged Partridge very distantly. Got the scope out of the car and it was indeed! I then shortly found five more. I got the phone scoping kit out, but it was slightly foggy and too far for any half decent footage. Good team work, the people in the car knew the spot, I re-found them and we all enjoyed half a dozen cracking Dotterel at 8pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment