SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 24 January 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
 Beluga Whale  still off West Ayre, Hillswick. Iceland Gull at Uyeasound, Northern Bullfinch male at Baltasound, Unst.
 
https://www.nature-shetland.co.uk/latest-sightings.

I didn't sleep particularly well and my limbs ached so much from all the carrying stuff up and down steps yesterday. Caught the 8.18am bus from Scalloway and got to work 15 minutes before my start time of 9am. Later after work I went straight to my NHS house to clean it. Then packed up my fridge and freezer foods from the small NHS undercounter fridge to take back to my new house, to put in my tall fridge freezer, which I would be turning on as soon as I got home, now its had its 24 hour rest before being switched on. I then dropped my house keys off to the main hospital reception desk as requested.

I knew I wouldn't make the 5.15pm bus back to Scalloway, so after being told that they go every hour, I presumed (wrongly) that the next one would be 6.15pm. I waited until 6.40pm and became increasingly frustrated and fed-up, seriously fed-up and cold. After checking the Shetland Travel App, I discovered there was a 2 hour gap before the next one at 7.15pm and that was not from the stop where I was standing either. It was very painful carrying my two heavy bags to the correct bus stop. I eventually got home at around 7.30pm and struggled up the steep hill to my house. Made a hot drink and enjoyed a salad and egg sandwiches from Tescos.

Its utter chaos with boxes and stuff in this house, but my first feelings are that its definately the right move – it feels so right here and I love it. But its going to take a good while to get over my car accident, the rude and unreasonable neighbour near my old house, the 48 hours I was up and the very stressful move yesterday. Ian Reid had delivered all my plants this morning whilst I was at work and I'm going to enjoy arranging them at the weekend and putting some bird feeders up. I will NEVER be moving again, that's it!

As many of you know, I have been with TalkTalk for many, many years, but they don't operate in Scalloway. This evening I plugged in my new Plusnet Router and within a couple of minutes, I was up and running, I couldn't believe how quick this was, very impressed! Mind you, my desk and computer stuff is temporarily in the living room, which is only a couple of yards from where the router is in the kitchen, I may have to get the main socket moved (expensive) if it doesn't work when I've finished completing my office/studio in the second bedroom, which is considerably further away from the main socket.

I have not done this yet as been unbelievably stressed this week, but will pay TalkTalk £50 to keep my emails for the next year after cancelling their internet service.

Huge thank you to Eddie, Anne & Lewis and Malcom who sent me lovely home moving cards and been sent some birthday cards. 21 again this Saturday. Nice to have lovely post in my new home.

I also received a lovely surprise at work today from Norman Greatholder from Staffordshire who has so kindly posted me a copy of "A History and Guide to Holme Bird Observatory, which my late father wrote in 1975 with an explantory note, with fond memories from as he put it "Happy Days" Thank you so much Norman!

No comments:

Post a Comment