SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 20 January 2024

My New Forever Home In Scalloway, Shetland!

MY NEW HOME IN SCALLOWAY
Built by a local fisherman in 1900

 

The sale completed of my new home in Scalloway on Thursday 18th January and after being snowed in for days, the big thaw commenced today and I was finally able to get the car out and arranged to pick the keys up from Alastair and Margaret and read the metres at 4pm. Can't believe I now own a property in Shetland, I'm so excited!

Its a two bedroom, one level property with a large living/dining room. There is a patio area at the back and two sheds. Its a really quirky place and I love it! Can't wait to get the bird feeders up!

Scalloway Harbour is at the bottom of the hill where Orca are sometimes seen. Several shops, GP surgery, chemist, restaurant, cafe, chinese take away, swimming pool, museum and a vets for when I get my cat!. Everything I need and only 5.6 miles from Lerwick for work!

I'm supposed to be moving in on Monday and Ian Reid said they would confirm this along with a time either today or Sunday – I have not heard from them yet. The weather is atrocious on Monday with gales and heavy rain, not ideal for transporting all your wordly goods!

Front Garden

Gallows Hill behind my house!

15 comments:

  1. Looks lovely - enjoy your new home

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely unique property. Hope you’ll be very happy there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like it will suit you perfectly...so pleased your move to Shetland has worked out so well.Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic Penny: just right for a Red-winged Blackbird in the garden! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely... now get yourself an electric bike.... with offroad wheels!!
    I've been wandering around Scallywag [virtually, thanks to Giggle StreetSpy]... it looks very nice... big enough for shops, small enough to get to know people!! Now, breathe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks beautiful. Worth all the hassle you've had to go through. I wish you many happy years there. – Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny hope you will be very happy in your new home. It looks very cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you will be very happy in your new home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your new home and all the pleasures that come with it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it and what a great location, enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green with envy looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Penny what a time you've had lately but so glad you are now in your Shetland home. I recognised it straight away! We stayed in your house for a month September/October 2021 and the birding was good there. The year before there was a Rosy Starling in the field behind. So congratulations on your lovely new home, and hope to bump into you again in Autumn. Best wishes, Pauline and Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete