Stunning documentary on Birds of Paradise this evening on BBC2 narrated by Sir David Attenborough - a team of naturalists venture into the New Guinean rain forests to film Birds of Paradise - now on BBC iplayer:
Also in the EDP today:
'Farmers vent their anger over sea eagle plan' see:
STILL snowing in King's Lynn - walked to work again in my camouflage army clothes and boots in snow blizzard - nice not to be in a traffic jam!
Booked the Northlink Ferry this evening for my Fair Isle expedition!
Gave in last night and turned my heating on all night and day!!!! and when I came home from work this evening it was beautifully warm!
No MEGA's in Norfolk but a good selection of winter birds including:
• 2 Shorelarks 5 Scaup and 5 Snow Buntings still at Snettisham RSPB.
• Glaucous Gull, 2 Water Pipits, Red Kite, Hen Harrier, 35 Snow Buntings and 20 Twite at Titchwell RSPB (No sign of the 'probable' Pacific Diver).
• 3 Bonxies, 4 Great Northern Divers, 2 Peregrines and a Hen Harrier at Holme NOA.
• Iceland Gull and Black Redstart at Nar Valley Fisheries.
• Iceland Gull at Blackborough end tip, King's Lynn.
• 2 *Short eared Owls at Chedgrave Marshes, Haddiscoe Island.
• Smew in Fakenham and Norwich.
Also see *'Blakeney Resident's beautifully descriptive post 8167 on: