SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Crap Day and bad mood - look out!

I am not good at being the house all day by myself, but decided to get some jobs done before the 'easterlies' start. Everything I have tried to achieve today has not happened. I email a requested picture to someone and receive a mail delivery notice, saying the file is too big. I had an argument with my insurance company - basically there is no point in having stuff insured and you have to fight tooth and nail to get an equivalent replacement. I missed posting some important stuff at the sorting office. I took a faulty kettle back to Tescos and got it replaced with another to find when I got home the filter is missing - tried to phone them but can only leave a message - can't take it back as it was the last one and I am not going without a kettle. I notice on facebook that my ex-husband has got married again on Saturday and says 'its the best day of his life' - well, funny that - the exact words he said to me in June '92. So I am in a bad, grotchedy (don't care how this is spelt), vile, angry, sad, pissed off mood. For the second year running I have no car tax reminder and then spent ages trying to find the relevant documents to get my car taxed and didn't get it today, because I left it too late, which means I can't go out early tomorrow as have to wait for PO to open. My hoover is broken. The hedge needs cutting. The garden needs doing. The housework needs doing. I need a house husband and a knight in shining armour!!! I wish now I had escaped and gone away for two weeks.

I hopefully will be in a better mood tomorrow, because whatever happens, come rain or shine I am not staying in this house to do anything!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I could say welcome to my world, but that wouldnt help would it. Everything is for a purpose (so I am told). One of my cars, the newest one was hit in a car park the other day, no note to say sorry, just a load of hassle with insurance, more excess (£200) if you want it repaired in Kings Lynn rather than Grimsby!.
    So, ime with you "pissed off"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Penny!
    I'm really sorry to hear of your bad day, if it's any consolation, at least when things are pants in your life when you live in Norfolk you can go out and see some GREAT birds!!!
    Up here we've had Westerlies practically all May!!
    Ex's eh? forget 'em, they're really not worth the brain cells thinking about.
    I reckon it's his loss anyway....
    Come on cheer up, think of ALL the people who you cheer up each and every day with your fantastic blog.
    Keep it coming Penny!
    Thinking of you.
    Malc
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nigel

    So sorry to hear about your car - what a pain!!! 'One of your cars' - do you have a fleet!!!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malc

    I know I shouldn't be moaning when I live here, but I just felt like it!!!

    You are dead right - most definately his loss!!!! Stuff him!

    Thank you very much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fife, East coast of Scotland.

    It's been ok bird wise recently, but no real falls. No East winds.
    Ho hum.

    LOVE your blog, it's brilliant.
    Malc
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Malc - thats the cold side!! I have not been east, only west!

    No real falls here either this week! Easterlies today and throughout the weekend. I am hoping for a least one mega before I return to work on Monday!

    Hope you see some good birds soon!

    ReplyDelete