SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 23 February 2020

In Memory Of My Dear Father

PETER CLARKE
with Penny at Titchwell RSPB

2nd November 1926 — 23rd February 2017


Three years ago, you left us – it doesn't seem that long ago at all. I think of you every day. I still see your smile and hear your laugh. Happy memories will never fade. When you were in the care home, not that long before you passed away, I distinctly remember you patting your hand on mine and giving me a little smile in thanks, when I told you that Holme Bird Observatory was going to have a plaque in your honour of being warden there from 1962 to 1994 – I'm so glad you got to know that before you passed away, so glad.

 I still feel so lost without you and mother. You were both my rock, my best friends, my advisors, my everything. I miss you both so much. We played The Lark Ascending at your funeral and Lucy will be playing this at her next concert – that will be very emotional to listen to. Maybe you will hear her play from up above with the larks.

Forever in my heart  💔

The Lark Ascending
(Romance for Violin and Orchestra)
Ralph Vaughan Williams

1 comment:

  1. Hi penny it never gets easier just more acceptable sorry much love mjx

    ReplyDelete