SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 8 April 2023

Easter Weekend Update!

I'm trying to stay calm, but that's the last thing I feel. I have SO much to sort through and the removal van arrives towards the end of the month! I feel like I'm sorting through a six bedroomed house, when its only a three bed house!!! I'm desperate to go out in the sunshine and listen to and see some birds, but I simply can't take the risk, with the clock ticking down to moving day.

Fed up with going to the tip and the charity shops and being forced into making quick decisions. I was very impressed with something I did today, I took my Pronuptia wedding dress, personally designed veil and flower tiara to the charity shop – I never thought I would do that, but when I unzipped the 'protective' bag, there were some yellow streaks down the front of the skirt area, so I wouldn't have been able to sell it anyway – maybe the marks will come out in a dry cleaners? Oh well, that's that bit of history gone! Plus, I would never have worn it again, not only was it a size 10, it was a full on Princess Diana style dress, not something I would wear now, plus I'm not planning on signing on the dotted line again anyway!

I spent a while choosing my half way accommodation this morning, when I drive up to Aberdeen, the place I stayed at last time in October 2021 was Bayswell Park Hotel in Dunbar and it cost me £62 for a sea view room and breakfast, it is now £124!!! So I didn't book there – I found a far cheaper place for £42 and this includes breakfast, bargain!

Spent ages doing the post redirection form on line today. Everything takes so long to do. I have four A4 sheets on both sides, of jobs to do and none of those involve packing!!! Then there is the utilities long list to sort, memberships to cancel and so on. Very pleased that TalkTalk (who I am with) operates in Lerwick, so I will simply carry on as I am now – but local people tell me that TalkTalk ONLY operates in Lerwick, it does not work anywhere else, so when I purchase a property, I will have to change my internet provider.

I still have not sold my Epson Perfection V700 photo scanner, if anyone is interested, here is the link: https://pennyshotbirdingandlife.blogspot.com/2023/02/for-sale-epson-perfection-v700-photo.html I have reduced it from £350 to £250 in hope of getting a quick sale! Email me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net] Sunday morning udpate: NOW SOLD!
 

HAPPY EASTER BIRDING!

🐥 🐥 🐥 🐥 🐥

5 comments:

  1. Hi Penny. I used to see your reports but hadn't followed for a while. I'm shocked that you, a well known Norfolk birder, is moving to Scotland. Can you possibly please tell me why? I'd always be puzzled otherwise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, see my lengthy reply as to why here: https://pennyshotbirdingandlife.blogspot.com/2023/03/the-biggest-blog-news-ever-moving-to.html Kind Regards Penny

      Delete
    2. The link is for 18th March blog post, which explains all!

      Delete
  2. Good luck and good birding for the future. Kindest Wishes Neil Bostock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep Shetland as a birding holiday destination , why would you want to leave Norfolk the birding Mecca of Britain
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete