SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 22 April 2023

Last Weekend in Norfolk!

Furiously packing right now. Hope nothing mega turns up! I will be around Salthouse and Cley tomorrow, so may bump into some of you. I will be in the Cley Visitor Centre very late afternoon for a cup of tea – the cafe closes at 4.30pm and the centre closes at 5pm!

If I don't get to see some of you, I will in October, when I return to twitch Norfolk's first male Siberian Rubythroat (bound to happen, now I'm leaving), more than probably found by James MacCallum and then to Gramborough Hill for Siberian Blue Robin found by John Furse. My new bosses kindly granted me two weeks off in October for birding! If these sibes don't materalise, then I will stay in Shetland!!!😉 I will miss the Norfolk birding scene hugely, but there are lots of things I won't miss in Norfolk, I'm sad to say.

A new chapter awaits, new job, new house, dramatic weather, white beaches, Orcas, Otters, Northern Lights, rarities, community events, peace, new life etc etc!

5 comments:

  1. Bonne chance lass, bonne chance!
    Tim in France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and watch tose "community events".... they often carry on until breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on yer. I wish you so well Enjoy Shetland life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny wishing you every luck in the world on your new adventure and life it must of took a lot of courage to do this but I understand why you took decision. I read you blog daily and will continue to do so if you do a Shetland one .Hope the move goes well take care kind regards Mark x

    ReplyDelete