Rare Bird Alert News
MAINLAND
Ring-necked Duck ecl drk still at Loch of Clickimin, Lerwick.
Common Rosefinch in garden at Hillwell.
ISLANDS
Common Rosefinch, Quail at Out Skerries.
Barred Warbler juv. at Skaw, Unst.
Its been three days of gloomy grey skies with no rain, wind or sun – but the sun finally came out this afternoon. I didn't really benefit from this though as I was in Tesco doing a big shop at the time. I also had a car full of wood and an old pallet I picked up from the industrial estate to unload. Back at home, by the time I packed all my shopping away, the midges were out in full force. I had to put my midge head net on just to unload all the wood from the car and take it up to the shed. The midges stopped other plans I had for outside this evening, but nothing I could do about that! The wood I picked up free is for me to saw up and chop into sticks for my fire – far cheaper than buying little bags of sticks at an astronomical price.
John F. sent me a message with a photo saying "They say hello" How lovely is that!!! I love this picture, thank you all so much, made my day. I'm guessing they were there to see the two Glossy Ibis close by. Shocking to see all the parched and yellow grass though! Its all bright green grass here in Shetland.
Gramborough Hill, Salthouse, Norfolk
East winds arrive late tomorrow afternoon and remain east right the way through until Saturday – which may well bring some good birds! Lucy is thinking of returning to orchestra which is good. Vivien and Ray are going to start to head south on their narrow boat back to Ely for a Winter mooring, which will be good as it will be cheaper for Vivien to visit Lucy and Ray will get to see his family more too. I'm looking forward to Autumn birding and all the lovely visiting birders especially those from Norfolk, bring it on! I have a week booked in September and two weeks in October, exciting times.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.