Birding straight from work. It took a little while to see but eventually got a few fleeting views of the cracking Arctic Warbler in Paul H.'s garden at Boddam, thanks Paul! So lovely to see, but didn't see it a again whilst watching along with Roger R., Anne E., Phil H. and Paul of course. Cold north easterly wind. Not a single opportunity for photography though. There was a Chiffchaff in the garden too.
Went to Quendale Mill, how could I not, I LOVE Wood Warblers! It was late and I didn't think I had much hope of seeing Phil H.'s Wood Warbler in the drizzle mid evening, but I did see the Wood Warbler for around 10 seconds only, flitting amongst the scyamore leaves in the main concentration of trees by the mill – not seen again, just like the Arctic Warbler. Lots of House Sparrows there too, 1 Blackbird, 2 Collared Doves, a Swallow flew over and also 1 Snipe. I didn't get a picture of the Wood Warbler either which was a shame, but I was lucky to see it.
Its very rare I don't get some kind of record shot of a good bird, but failed miserably with both the Arctic Warbler and Wood Warbler, but so glad I got see both of them, a good start to Autumn birding here. Phoned the Sumburgh Hotel and collected a take away fish 'n' chips which was a huge portion, far more than you get from the fish 'n' chip shops in Lerwick and was cheaper at £11.95 and very good indeed! Sat and enjoyed these in the carpark at West Voe and then drove home in the dark with the heating on full in the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.