SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 13 October 2020

Review: Big Agnes Skyline Ultralight Backpacking Stool!

I've been thinking for a while about researching and finding an incredibly lightweight stool that I can carry with me when out birding, not because I'm getting old...... but because sometimes in certain situations, you don't want to sit on the ground. Normally I will just sit down in my waterproof trousers or on a large waterproof stuff sack that I have and that's fine. But sometimes you want to sit in a bit more comfort, for a longer period of time, or simply to sit in a low position to take photographs. When I was at Thornham Point last week, I was thinking how nice it would be to sit down in comfort and watch birds appearing out of the scrub onto the sand to feed. It was raining and I just didn't fancy getting wet and sandy! I can walk forever, but I'm not good at standing in one spot for very long.

After much research, watching Youtube videos and reading reviews, I found what looked to be the perfect stool. The same company also do a chair, but that was obviously heavier and I wanted the most lightweight seat I could find – something you could take on a very long walk eg Blakeney Point! I only ordered the stool on Sunday (Amazon Prime 30 day free trial) and was told it would be delivered tomorrow, it arrived early today! It wasn't cheap at all, but you get what you pay for.

I was so impressed with this stool! It far outweighed my expectations. I put the frame of the stool up in seconds. It took a little longer to stretch the seat fabric over the last corner (see videos links below). It's a very wide stool to accommodate for the wider bottom! It was so comfortable and you could sit for ages on this super stool! It comes in a drawstring bag and fits in the side of my camera rucksack, where you would normally put a drinks bottle. It weighs 556 grams, which is more than it states on Amazon and on the Big Agnes website, but still seriously light. Its packed up now in the rucksack, ready for birding over the next few days!

Big Agnes Skyline Ultralight Backpacking Stool
for Fast and Light Adventures

 

Videos here:

https://www.bigagnes.com/Skyline-UL-Stool

No comments:

Post a Comment