SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 12 June 2010

Journey Home to Norfolk

Didn't sleep at all really last night - got out of sleeping bag at around 5.15am and went to the Mother and baby room!!! to have a strip wash and make myself feel/look slightly more awake!

Went to restaurant and had fried egg, beans, potato pancakes, tomato, toast and coffee.

Ferry arrived Aberdeen at 7am and the taxi I had arranged was of course not there, so took one of the other waiting taxis, cost £4.80 to train station (I normally walk but I would have been cutting things a bit fine this morning!) Went to ticket office to collect my new tickets and got the train at 7.52am to Peterborough arriving 2.09pm, so can have a nice long rest etc on train. Typing on my laptop on the train for the first time which is quite fun!

Just phoned Pat Thompson (The Good Shepherd) to see if the boat actually went this morning to justify my change of plans/cost and it did leave this morning at 7.30am but it was 'borderline' and was quote a 'rough' passage when her husband phoned her from the boat a little while ago!!!!! So I am glad I did leave early, especially since the Aberdeen ferry felt like The Good Shepherd on a good day!!!!

Two days in Norfolk before work on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home Penny. Back to earth with a bump I should think!

    ReplyDelete