SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 4 February 2013

New Year's Resolution and Latest News!

To add pictures to the posts on my blog within the first few day's of posting, instead of typing 'PICTURES TO BE ADDED LATER'

I am paying dearly for kneeling in mud for two hours whilst photographing the Black-bellied Dipper on Saturday, as when I woke up on Sunday morning I could hardly get out of bed. I must have pulled a muscle in my back and I could barely walk, the pain was that bad. I don't know how I managed to pull off working a double shift on Sunday! It's not much better today either! Getting old is rubbish!

I am working the early shifts this week, so finishing half an hour earlier than normal. It was light when I left work this evening, which was a refreshing change.

I had a lovely email yesterday (which I have only just read) from Jane Ferguson who kindly emailed me to say that she watched the 6 Common Cranes fly over Lynford Aboretum at 1.30pm on Saturday, which she then 'tweeted' and thinks RBA (who follow her tweets) then put the message out on the pager.

Rachael returned to work today after travelling for three months on a career break. I was listening to wonderful tales of 'Toucans' being seen flying through a jungle and 'Flamingoes' and 'lots and lots of amazing, colourful birds'. It all sounded fantastic and made life here seem rather drab!

No comments:

Post a Comment