SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 21 June 2014

Weekend Update!

Well the weather is glorious and there are some good birds around I see! With the highlight of the day in East Anglia being a ROLLER on wires at 10.45am by the Equestrian Centre at Warboys, north of Cambridge. No sign since the first sighting, but I hope very much this is re-found! Second person was on site 15 minutes later (via birder on twitter), no sign of finder or bird!

I now have my third iphone 5s!!! which I exchanged on Thursday evening after work at the Applestore, Chapelfield, Norwich. All information didn't copy across to new phone as it should have done via icloud when I returned home. But it now has today – so at long last I have a phone which is working properly and the speaker problems seems to be ok – well it certainly was when I phoned my mother and I had to hold the phone away from my ear, it was so loud! The Apple Rep would not admit there was a speaker problem with these phones, however hard I tried to get him to admit to it! I bet they have a stock of checked phones, sitting on a shelf for those people that persevere with the situation! There are alot of people out there putting up with the speaker issue, I'm sure. I was tempted in the Applestore – love this shop and bought the olloclip Macro 3-in-1 lens – this is a tiny lens which clips over the top of your iphone and enables you to take the tiniest detail!!! There is a choice  of 7x macro, 14x or 21x in the kit. It only fits to the iphone 5, 5s or ipod touch 5 generation. I will be testing this out today hopefully. You can also buy the 4-in-1 kit which includes fish eye, wide angle and 2 macro settings (not as high as the pure macro kit though).

Very stressful and tiring week, so no time or energy to go out birding in the evenings. I've been spending alot of time watching the football, but really don't why I bothered!!! Up late today, too tired to get up at a decent time. Working all day tomorrow.

Just seen the perfect job for me: Graphic Designer for Norfolk Wildlife Trust – I was so excited when I saw this, but then my heart sank when I read '2 days a week'. Here's the advert. If only it had been full time, that would have been awesome. Creativity combined with wildlife, my dream job!

No comments:

Post a Comment