NORFOLK BIRD NEWS AND UK MEGA'S POSTED DAILY, PHOTOS, BIRDING AND MORE!

Since 8th September there has been an issue with my link to the FatBirder Website, my ranking is normally No.10! For some unknown reason the F.B website is not recognising my actual daily views, so I'm dropping like a stone on their rankings! BUT in reality I'm not, my Stats for my blog remain the same. Please bear with me until this is sorted!



Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07624 800479
Norfolk Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

Monday, 10 October 2016

Hardwick Cemetery & Thornham Point!

Hardwick Cemetery in King's Lynn looked potentially brilliant for migrants – with mature trees of all kinds, including massive sycamores, firs, pines, hollies etc. The ONLY bird I could find in here was a Goldcrest! Not a blackbird, robin or anything – quite shocking really. A squirrel ran across one of the paths with a large conker – that was the most excitement I had!

Thornham Point produced nothing of note – I could not relocate the Siberian Stonechat. Walked back via the beach – it was a fabulous evening and I took some funky sky pictures.

I was excited when I found a Leucistic Starling right at the back of the freshmarsh at Titchwell RSPB on route back with only my bins to hand. I presume this is the same bird that Robert Smith put on Twitter yesterday, which has been around at Holme this week. I later found out from various people on Twitter, that this bird has been around since May! First time I have seen it or knew about it. I tend to bird alone and I'm not in any 'clicks', so wouldn't know about it unless I found it myself!

Visited my Mother again to help with some chores and drop some shopping in. Early night, big day tomorrow! Siberian Robin? Siberian Rubythroat?

No comments:

Post a Comment