SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 24 April 2017

COUCH TO 5K!!! My First Run!


Today I ran my first 'COUCH TO 5K'! The beginning of a new fitter me! Long distance running was the only sport I really enjoyed at school. I remember going in for the 'Norfolk Trials' and came in 12th behind my friend Veronica Bland in 11th place! I don't think I have ever run since! I was surprised I was able to complete the first stage this morning to be honest. Thanks to Cilla Williams a Physiotherapist I work with, for her advice and encouragement. Cilla is running 10k on the 30th April – here is her donation page: Cilla's 10k for Little Discoverers on MyDonate

Week One – you run three times a week.  You have four trainers to choose from, I choose Michael Johnson. You start off with a brisk 5 minute warm up walk and then run for 60 seconds, brisk walk for 90 seconds, run for 60 seconds and so on until the end of the 20 minute session, when you finish with a 5 minute brisk walk. By the 9th week, you should be able to run 5k in 30 minutes! I'm fed up with dieting, so thought I would run off the stones!

I didn't get any birding done at the weekend. Jobs and errands on Saturday and then worked all day on Sunday. But, I have nine days off from this Saturday – 29th April!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment