NORFOLK BIRD NEWS AND UK MEGA'S POSTED DAILY, PHOTOS, BIRDING AND MORE!

Since 8th September there has been an issue with my link to the FatBirder Website, my ranking is normally No.10! For some unknown reason the F.B website is not recognising my actual daily views, so I'm dropping like a stone on their rankings! BUT in reality I'm not, my Stats for my blog remain the same. Please bear with me until this is sorted! Update 19th September – might be sorted now! Slowing climbing back up - will remove this message when I get back to No.10!



Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07624 800479
Norfolk Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Bev's 50th Birthday Celebratory Cream Tea at The Bank House, King's Lynn!

Cream Tea at The Bank House!
From left: Charly, Jane, Emily, Maureen, Andrea, Alison, Sara, Lily, James, Gemma, Penny, Bev, Hilary, Sarah and Annie!


Bev is our very efficient and wonderful administrator and one of the nicest people you could wish to meet – always smiling and a ray of sunshine. I organised an afternoon cream tea at The Bank House in King's Lynn, to celebrate her birthday and along with lots of our colleagues, we all enjoyed a wonderfully 'healthy' cake extravaganza!

We had an entire room to ourselves – the 'Counting Room' overlooking the quayside. Jazz music was playing in the background and the service was excellent. There were finger sandwiches, scones with jam & cream, various cakes, cup cakes, shortbread hearts, raspberry pavlovas, endless pots of tea and coffee, sparkling water etc. I treated Bev to a glass of Prosecco to start off the celebrations when we arrived – a lovely evening in a very relaxed and beautiful setting. Thank you to everyone for helping to make this a lovely evening out for Bev.
From left: Charly, Jane, Emily, Maureen, Andrea, Alison, Sara, Lily, James, Gemma, Bev, Hilary, Sarah and Annie!


It has been raining for the most of the day with very strong north easterly winds. It was pretty blustery when Bev and I parked up on the quayside! Not your typical August weather!

Last night I was in the hairdressers for three hours and then went to the supermarket to choose some flowers and chocs for Bev – by the time I got home it was about 9.15pm. Had a lovely time designing a poster for Bev (see below) and completely forgot about my potatoes and eggs that I had been boiling in the saucepan to make a salad with for work today! Flew into kitchen when I smelt something funny – black potatoes, eggs and saucepan, still soaking now in bicarbonate of soda!

I have loads of pictures to put on recent posts, including the hot tub babes etc!!! Will sort these all out tomorrow night – cream crackered now! Good night!
The flowers we gave Bev, along with some chocolates truffles
and treated her to the Cream Tea Event this evening
Poster I designed last night to put up in our office for Bev today

No comments:

Post a Comment