SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 10 December 2017

Recovery, Rest & My Gold Partridges!

This was a dusting of snow when I looked out of the window this morning, but the rest of the day has been rain and dull skies. No further snow here at all. My sister Vivien has had a fair bit of snow in Ely. I wish I had been well enough to go and see the fabulous Parrot Crossbills at Santon Downham – some of the pictures I've seen of them drinking from puddles have been incredible.

I have not left the house in three days until late this afternoon, when I visited Dobbies Garden Centre in King's Lynn to choose a Christmas tree for my mother. Lily at work told me that a Nordmann Fir is the best one for not dropping needles and they had plenty of cut Nordmann Firs in stock. However, I thought it might be nice to get one rooted in a pot, but the only ones left were rubbish shapes. I phoned mother to see what she wanted to do and she insisted she wanted to see what she was buying. I pointed out that I wasn't doing four trips to Holme so she could see one!!! So I will now take her to the Thornham Farm shop next Saturday if they have any left by then!

There were tons of Christmas decorations in Dobbies and a beautiful gold partridge caught my eye, it really was very eye catching, much better than it looks in the picture (click on link) – made by Gisella Graham in London and made from resin (very heavy) and measures 16 x 10cm. I succumbed and purchased two (+ 20% off) – they look very nice indeed on my dining room table. There is a better picture of them here. Send me a comment on this post if you end up buying them too! I spent the rest of the evening curled up on the sofa cat napping! Back to work in the morning, although I still don't feel fully recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment