SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 26 July 2018

BURNING UP!

It was so hot at work today, I could have cried to be honest! Its not funny at all working in thick non-cotton uniforms, but I was overjoyed to hear that Therapy Assistants can now wear a white polo shirt whilst its hot – thank goodness. You can guess where I went straight after work – I bought three white polo shirts from Sainsbury's and they are currently whizzing round in the washing machine – I think I can safely say they will be dry by the morning!

I know we are all suffering badly, but I feel so sorry for the patients that are immobile in bed on a hot ward – torture! I really don't understand why all wards don't have air conditioning (there are only a few) most are like boiling furnaces in this unprecedented heat. Roll on the thunderstorms!

My mother had a procedure in hospital today and looked dreadful when I saw her at lunchtime. Vivien is currently looking after her at home – I'm now popping over to see if I can help in any way. An exhausting day all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment