SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 25 December 2018

CHRISTMAS DAY!

I WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU ALL
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS,
A HAPPY NEW YEAR, GOOD HEALTH,
HAPPINESS & MEGA BIRDING IN 2019!

Its been a very tough year and I would like to thank you all for your support, with so many lovely emails and so many kind words. I will be glad to see the back of 2018 and 2017 – it can only get better! I would also like to thank my blog subscribers for your continued support.

Lucy and I have had a lovely day together at my house. I cooked far too much and we didn't manage to clear our plates! It was lovely watching the birds feeding in the garden, whilst we enjoyed our Christmas Dinner and listened to HRH reading her Christmas Message. I even managed to make a loaf of bread and a scrumptious Victoria Sandwich early morning, before I started the veg prep! We had a lovely tea – all we did was eat all day!

Vivien spoilt us both with presents, but particularly sweet was a heart shaped Christmas decoration, which held pictures of us and our parents – this brought a tear to our eyes! We both coped better than we thought today and raised a glass to our dear parents, whom we miss so much.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Penny. The first Christmas is the toughest one. Not that any of them is easy. Believe me, I know. But you are doing the only thing you can do: treasure the memories but move on. Your parents wouldn't want you to give up on life. So, get out there. Enjoy Fair Isle.Enjoy Israel, if you go. Most of all, enjoy life. It's still precious, perhaps more so now than ever. I wish you all the best for 2019.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete