SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 7 April 2019

Weekend Update!

My first week back on the ward, had left me exhausted, as did the filling and injection I had on Wednesday! My face and eye blew up after going to the dentist and it felt stiff to open and close my eye – all resolved by Thursday though.

I havn't been to Fenway in Heacham since my father died just over 2 years ago. Fenway is adjacent to the care home where my father was at 'Summerville House'. Fenway leads to a lovely high hedge-lined track, just behind Heacham Sewage Works. I plucked up the courage to go today. The road leading up to this track has horse meadows either side and always looks potentially good for Ring Ouzels and Wagtails. I parked the car up by the sewage works and started to walk along the track. I didn't spend more than 5 minutes here. I was horrified to find the entire track riddled with dog excrement, all the way along. There was so much, that I couldn't look up for fear of treading in it all – it was pretty shocking and I sadly had to return to my car. I did manage to hear a Blackcap in the hedge. It was so disturbing to see that amount of dog excrement, that I probably won't even visit this area again, it was sickening and I can't remember the last time I have seen an area that full of dog crap!

The weather this weekend has been dire, white grey skies and no sun at all, pretty miserable to be honest. Went to check the family home at Holme and changed the bird water drinking pools and watered the Wallflowers in the big pots by the front gate. All so sad, every time I visit.

Late afternoon I went to Titchwell RSPB and walked out to the sea and back – I was the only one here, which was hardly surprising as it was foggy! Couldn't see much, but could hear Sandwich Terns above me on the Freshmarsh. The tide was in and it was all pretty gloomy and depressing. Sat in the coach park area in my car by the puddle, hoping for something to come down to drink and all I got was a car full of boy racers, who scorched up and then spun round and left! They looked very surprised to see me here and I had obviously spoilt whatever they were going to get up to. Things are so different nowadays, this simply wouldn't have happened years ago – how the world is changing in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment