SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 4 November 2019

TECHNICAL ISSUES!

As some of you may know already, I have not received a single email to pennyclarke@dsl.pipex.com since 15th October and TalkTalk have STILL not resolved it, but I do have a new email: pennyclarke@talktalk.net – this has added to my list of many jobs to do as need to submit my new emails address to all accounts such as Amazon, my bank etc etc!

This evening I opened up Adobe Photoshop from my Adobe Creative Suite programme, to open a photograph and a message came up saying 'could not complete your request because the file was not found'. I started to panic as the picture I was opening up was one of my Shetland photos! When I checked, the picture was indeed there. I was going to start editing and uploading the rest of my pictures this evening. I turned the iMac off and did a restart, still not able to open a single picture in any of my files – never had this happen before. So, I contacted Adobe on-line and started a live chat session with one of their advisors to be told that since they have introduced Adobe Photoshop Version 21.0 TODAY, my MacOS needs to be Version 10.13 or higher (mine is OS Sierra 10.12.6). This entails me backing up my Mac and installing MacOS High Sierra 10.13. Installing new OS systems is something I never do unless I'm forced to, as there are ALWAYS issues and I hate doing it. Well, I have no choice as NEED to use Photoshop, which I pay £9.98 for monthly. Both these processes takes hours and hours, so better start now!

UPDATE!
I installed MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 successfully and the Adobe Creative Suite is now fully working again. It took a long time and several passwords to complete, but quite pleased I was forced to do this, as the whole system is running a lot quicker than it did before!

No comments:

Post a Comment