SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 22 August 2022

BEE-EATERS AT TRIMINGHAM – 2nd TRIP!!!

It was very windy this morning and this video won't win any prizes, but I'm still very pleased to have captured a juvenile Bee-eater with my phone-scope set up! I saw eight Bee-eaters together on the wires and they were all feeding well, catching Dragonflies, Butterflies and of course Bees! Lots of action today and zooming around the quarry at great speed and a nightmare to try and photograph from this distance. Starlings, Linnets and Goldfinches joined them on the wires and a Whinchat was found by someone in the hedgerow, which was an added bonus.
Juvenile and Adult Bee-eater
 

Diverted to Gramborough Hill at Salthouse and was very disappointed with only a Stonechat and one Whitethroat in the western most brambles, not a single bird in the main scrub. I sat looking out to sea for a while, watching Sandwich Terns flying past and a seal in the surf. I then made the mistake of driving straight to Snettisham, when I should have spent the rest of the evening birding at Cley. A Bee-eater was seen on the wires along the A149 just before the Beach Road turn off to Snettisham RSPB. Little did I know until much later, that it had flown off NW, long before I even left Salthouse – should have stayed where I was!
 
I spent some time searching the telegraph wires where the Bee-eater had been seen along the A149 at Snettisham and had a quick walk around the coastal park, but the Bee-eater had obviously long gone.

Car service and MOT tomorrow🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment