SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 26 August 2023

Another Apple Day, so Exciting!!!

It has been an incredible day for migrants in Shetland, whilst I continue to try and sort my iMac!!! Messages popping up all day long with Arctic Warbler, Greenish Warblers, Icterine Warblers, Barred Warbler, Wood Warblers, Red-backed Shrikes, Pied Flycatchers, Rose-coloured Starling, Common Rosefinch, Wryneck and a whole load of commoner migrants and of course more cetaceans in one day, than on all the days I have been here – you couldn't make it up!

Another day of ringing an Apple Technician twice and the excellent news is, that everything copied back from the external hard drive and I have not lost any photos!!! But, having a brand new Mac as such, means I had to upload all programmes, emails, printer etc again and this has proved very stressful. The bad news is that I spent an entire afternoon trying to ring TalktTalk, to set up my two email accounts and got palmed off to FOUR different 'technicians'/#hadn'tgotaclue, when I had asked to speak to a manager at the very start of the phone call as I knew they wouldn't be able to fix it. Four times I was asked the same security questions and all the stupid answers after that. I have not had to deal with TalkTalk for several years, they were terrible then and shockingly bad now! After speaking to four different people and being told there wasn't a manager, I was cut off – FUMING! Phoned again, same again, three people later, got cut off! Tried doing the live chat on line and 75 minutes later, the 'technician' hadn't got a clue what they were doing! UNBELIEVABLE!

So I can't access emails on my iMac at the moment, but I can via my laptop. I spent AGES trying to input all the right codes and stuff in myself and failed. Basically, I was originally with a company called PIPEX, who TalkTalk took over, which is why I have a Pipex email and a TalkTalk email account. I have issues with setting these up – every time, there are major issues with my Mac. I gave up trying to set up the two accounts on the Apple MAIL app, where they usually are, and tried to open them up via 'Webmail' on the TalkTalk website and guess what, none of my usernames, passwords or postcode etc were recognised and I got locked out and have to wait 24 hours+, until its unlocked again for me to change my passwords and that's if they do change!

I have managed to upload Adobe Creative Cloud, so have Photoshop and no issues, so that's good and retrieved all my Firefox tabs and bookmarks. But, I after plugging in my Canon iP4850 Printer, I discovered that its not compatible with my newly installed OS Ventura!!! I looked on the Canon website for software downloads and they only go up to the OS before Ventura, so no printer!!!! Its going to be a very expensive week. I will ring Apple again tomorrow just to make sure before I go ahead and order a new printer. Its insanely frustrating, as this printer had been brilliant for years, no problems with it at all and excellent quality.

GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment