SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 23 August 2023

Applemac Issues!

With lots of migrants in Shetland I would have liked to have gone birding after work this week, but I have ongoing issues with my Apple iMac. The first sign something was wrong, was when I was trying to edit a picture in Adobe Photoshop and a message came up saying "scratch disks full". Googling and asking for advice on Twitter and trying to rectify the issues myself and also moving off three years worth of photos onto external hard drives (something I have been meaning to do for the last few months) and I thought I had solved the issue, but now there are even more odd things going on. Can't open emails. PDF's won't open, can't print, everything gets stuck and then the Mac won't turn on again!!! Its been VERY stressful.

I gave in and phoned an Apple Technician this evening, who couldn't even share my screen with me (something a technician is usually able to do easily), so alternatively talked me through a ton of things to try and resolve the issues and then ended up guiding me through "Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac". I was then asked to back up my Mac an hour later and then after this (which will be tomorrow after work now!), to follow the link emailed to me: "How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility". If everything is not working normally after that, I have to ring the Apple Technician back again!!! I really don't need all this with Autumn migration going on!!! Fingers crossed its all resolved over the next few days and I don't lose anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment