SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 21 September 2023

Bird & House News!

As I'm sure some of you have noticed, I started to post the Shetland Bird News from RBA at the end of the day and have now stopped. The reason for this, is because after discussion with a friend of mine, I decided there was no point, especially as the Shetland Bird Club do an extremely thorough post of all the bird news, moth news and cetacean news each day! This also reminds me, I need to join up with them. Life is too short to be typing unnecessarily and I want to cut down time spent sitting at a desk for health reasons and life balance. I can see my ratings have already dropped, but to be honest I'm not really bothered! I originally started this blog to write up my daily sightings of birds, life etc and will continue to do so. So I will link the Shetland and Fair Isle news daily on here, which will take you to both their wonderful websites, to see a full and fascinating list of bird and nature sightings daily. Also, don't forget to link to http://www.norfolkbirds.com/News.aspx OR https://noa.org.uk/ for Norfolk Bird Sightings.

This evening I was the first to view a unique and stunning house, which is about to hit the market. Its within my budget, but again, just like the property at Exnaboe that I lost out to a higher bidder, its probably going to go for far more than I have. I'm not going to give anything away at the moment, but it has stupendous sea views! I feel very excited, but no point getting over excited, until an offer is accepted. Fingers crossed!

In Scotland we have a public holiday on Monday, (we don't get the August one here), so have four days off from Friday! I'm very surprised that Shetland hasn't produced a massive bird today with rain all day and east winds, maybe we will over the next few days, hopefully! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Penny, have you thought about just having a link to the Shetland and Norfolk sites fixed at the top of the blog rather than posting the same link each day in a blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed...for good birds over your long weekend....and for a successful house bid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still enjoy reading your Blog even though you've moved from Norfolk (which was a very brave move) good luck on the bid for the house if you decide to submit one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete