SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 3 September 2023

Weekend Update!

I don't know where the weekend has gone, but it has. Lots of tedious jobs have been completed and some have not, eg a TalkTalk Case Manager was going to call me between 5pm and 7pm on Friday – he didn't! I have managed to rectify part of my email situation since my iMac crashed. I now have my TalkTalk email, both In and Sent emails and now have my pipex In emails, but no Sent emails. Hopefully it will be sorted this week!

I have temporarily sorted out my printer situation too! I had a reply from Canon to say that my Canon PIXMA IP4850 is not now compatible with my new OS Ventura and they very kindly (note sarcasm) sent me a link to purchase a new Canon printer. I refuse to buy a new printer, when there is nothing wrong with mine, so I have got round the issue by using my Laptop (with old OS Big Sur) to print anything out! Sorted!

For the first time in my life and this has been long over due, I have submitted a complaint about British Gas (re: my old Norfolk address) with Ombudsman – enough is enough! Long story short, they have not been capable of sending me a complete final bill, total insanity!

 

This morning I had 3 Swallows flew past my living room window in Lerwick. The usual Hooded Crows and gulls were sitting on the chimney pots in the street. All my plants in pots are looking water logged – they need to be in a greenhouse soon, to protect them from the Winter gales. Fingers crossed I'm able to buy a property with greenhouse soon!

I headed north to look at a unique little property for sale. I didn't have the keys, but had a good look round. I'm going to book an appointment to look inside this week! Even though it was raining and not a particularly grand day, it was still nice having a scenic drive out.

1 White Wagtail, 1 Grey Heron, 1 Wheatear at South Nesting. Also in a field I saw 5 Greylag Geese, loads of Rock Doves and at least 15+ Rooks all feeding in the same field. I then headed south to have a nose round another empty property, but decided this was not for me.

This afternoon at Boddam by the croft house, I had 2 Swallows fly over in the 50mph winds. No sign of the Pallid Harrier seen earlier though. Headed to the Virkie Pool, which was full of waders, including Redshanks, Ringed Plovers, Dunlins, Sanderlings, Turnstones, Eiders, Curlews etc.

At Grutness, no birds at all on the pool. A Yacht was moored up in The Good Shepherd mooring spot. Went to the second quarry at Sumburgh – 3 Blackbirds, 1 Wheatear, 1 Wren in the gloomy fog.

I have had two weeks booked off in October since I arrived here, but still had some holiday left. If I don't take my annual leave due to me before I my secondment job ends on 4th December I will lose it, so I booked some time off in September to return to Norfolk and visit my sisters. But, I will not be heading south now, as I can't take the risk, just in case a good property comes up that I need to put a bid in for. I seriously misjudged the property situation here. The bidding system here is a gamble and when one good property comes up at an affordable price, everyone is on it, likes bees to a honeypot! The highest bidder wins all.

Returned home and there was nowhere to park in my street at all, so had to leave the car in the middle of the street to unpack my gear and hope another car didn't come down the street! Then parked my car in another street out of sight, which I'm not very happy about, but nothing I can do. Can't wait to get my own drive! I'm on holiday from this Wednesday and don't return to work until Tuesday 19th September! SE winds from late Tuesday and all day on Wednesday this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment