SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 16 September 2023

Rest In Peace – Eileen White

           🕊
Eileen  Elizabeth  White
 
4th July 1948 – 25th August 2023

Rest  In  Peace

 

There may be a few of my readers who either knows or remembers Eileen and Malcolm White from Heacham in Norfolk. Eileen and Malcolm used to regularly visit the Bird Observatory and The Firs at Holme and were part of the 'Saturday crowd", back in the day! My family have known Eileen and Malcolm since I was a small child and they are like family to us all. Malcolm and my late father were particularly close, because of their love of photography and did several natural history slide shows together over the years, which a few of you may remember.

Eileen has been extremely poorly for many years now and has been looked after at home by her devoted husband Malcolm. A few weeks ago Malcolm phoned me, to break the very sad news that Eileen had passed away on the 25th August after a difficult few weeks.

I visited Eileen and Malcolm in late April, just before I moved to Shetland, so I'm thankful that I was able to see Eileen and give her a big hug before I left 💔.

My sisters and I will always remember Eileen as a very smiley, sunny lady, who was always so kind and caring and was a very good listener. Back in the day, when we all considerably younger, I remember Eileen having to put up with Malcolm's mischevious sense of humour and teasing, which she tolerated well and with good humour herself! I can see her smiling and hear her saying "what am I going to do with him Penny?" Happy days, happy memories.

Eileen's funeral is this Monday, 18th September at 10am, at the Mintlyn Crematorium, Lynn Road, Bawsey, King's Lynn, Norfolk PE32 1HB for those who would like to pay their respects. Sadly, because of the logistics of getting back to Norfolk and returning to work at 9am this Tuesday, I'm unable to go to the funeral, but I will sit somewhere quietly and think of Eileen on Monday.

My most sincere condolences and love to dear Malcolm, to his family and close friends, at this very sad and difficult time. Happy Memories will always be with you Malcolm, always.


Rest in Peace Dear Eileen 

Free of pain and at peace,

Now fly with the angels

Love Penny x

🕊 

Holme Beach, Norfolk

No comments:

Post a Comment