SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 22 June 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Quail singing at Sumburgh Farm.
Quail singing at Loch of Hillwell.
Marsh Warbler at Clickimin Loch and at Helendale House, Lerwick.
Honey Buzzard at Maywick.

Quail by Everland Road, Fetlar.
Red-backed Shrike at Foula.
Marsh Warbler at Baltasound, Unst.
Marsh Warbler at Camb, Yell.
 

I have not left my house since my second GP appointment on Monday or felt like doing anything at all. My GP rang me at 5.40pm on Friday to let me know that my Whooping Cough test had come back negative, but he explained it is a very small window with testing for it – I might have been too late. He said that they can only confirm Whooping Cough within the very first few days. I'm still taking the prescribed antibiotics.

Today I went to Planticrub to buy some green lawn edging and four shrubs. On route, birders Anne and Andy were listening to a Corncrake at Tingwall Loch. On the way back from the garden centre, I stood with them for a while and listened to to the Corncrake somewhere in the irises! I didn't see it though, as is typical. This was my first interaction with other people since last Monday!

This afternoon I created a new border on the lawn in the drive behind my car. It took several hours to complete. The four new shrubs were finally planted and I finished at 10.55pm. I then filled up all my bird feeders. Still light at 11.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment