SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 29 March 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Red-flanked Bluetail, Long-eared Owls x 3, Snow Bunting, Mealy Redpoll, Hawfinch, Black Redstart at Fair Isle. Long-eared Owl at Norwick, Unst. Glaucous Gull, Iceland Gull at Mair's Quay, Waxwing at Lerwick. Bittern at Loch of Hillwell. Hawfinch in garden at Mid Yell.
 
 
After filling my bird feeders up, it didn't take long for all my birds to return: Rock Dove, Collared Doves, Blackbirds, Robin, House Sparrows 20+ and Starlings 20+. The feeders had been empty since 15th March when I went to Norfolk. I'm hoping for a Hawfinch in the next few days! Beautiful sunny day here and some of my daffodils are out. Planted four Buddleia cuttings that I took from a established Buddleia in Norfolk, that my late mother planted many years ago – fingers crossed that they survive!

Yesterday I received another home warming present from the lovely Lin P. from Norfolk – Lin had made me some beautifully created bunting with a bird themed design and a lovely card – thank you so much Lin, that was a totally unexpected and unique gift, wow!
 
Today an electrician/plumber came and installed my new shower and a local builder started work on my mouldy floor last night and this morning. The mouldy chipboard floor in the second bedroom has been removed and underneath is what apparently could have been bitumin roofing felt on concrete – this was hoovered with an industrial machine and was then bleached to kill all the mould spores on the concrete base with the windows left open. Tomorrow I have to get my humidifier in the room, close the windows and wait for how ever long it takes for the concrete to dry out.

2 comments:

  1. Would have been nice to see you while you were here, never mind, catch up some other time. What an unbelievable time you had with the accommodation in King's Lynn...ending up in what sounded like a house of ill repute...it could only happen to you! Wishing you better luck with all the renovations, and looking forward to you posting some pics of the finished jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thinking what you've been through, just take care.

    ReplyDelete