SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 3 June 2011

A chilled day!

Kiss FM, promoting in King's Lynn.

"MUSIC IS LIFE"


I felt awful when I woke up this morning, but decided not to let a cold beat me. Finally got up after 9am.

Went into town to take sandals back and to buy a second pair of 'big' trousers!!! (see previous trouser issue). Kiss FM had a huge marquee near Argos and were playing loads of funky music and handing out flyers and mobile phone holders. It made me want to dance, but I thought better of it in birding clothes and the fact that I must remember I am not 18 any more! Chatted up the funky lad there for a 'Kiss' mobile phone holder! Got shopping for parents from Sainsburys, then on a whim I decided to do something I have been meaning to do for a while. My MJ CD has been stuck in CD section of car radio for months and months. At the time I decided to live with the fact that the CD player packed up as the radio still worked. But shortly after that, the radio was fuzzy on a regular basis and I am fed up not being able to listen to any music whatsoever. So went to Elite Audio and Security in Austin Fields and at last got a new JVC radio fitted - now I can 'pump up the volume' - yep I am 18 really, well I drive like one! Means I can now play my latest albums in the car - hurrah! It was lunch time by the time I got home and had planned to go birding at some point. I decided to cook some proper food - I don't do dinner when birding, which is probably part of the reason why I don't lose weight, eating bread all day! A courier service knocked on the door to deliver my Nikon P7000 - blimey, talk about quick service - I hadn't expected that yet!!! Hung washing on the line etc etc and now its 5.25pm!!!! Maybe I will go out for a little wander this evening OR I could just get into bed early for a change and be out at dawn for all those easterly goodies - here's hoping!

Update: I didn't go out this evening as I feel REALLY ill - must have man flue I reckon!!! Streaming cold, headache and tickly cough. I NEVER get colds in the summer - its not fair on the last few days of my holiday!!! I also felt too ill to even think about going through photographs to add to my posts - oh dear! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment