SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Migrants continue, but too ill to escape!

I wasn't able to go birding last night as the tonsillitis that I had a short while ago has started up again and today I felt even worse, to the point where I can hardly eat again. Spent the evening curled up and feeling aged a hundred. So frustrating when there are some good birds to be seen! Started on my second lot of anti-biotics for another 7 days and on paracetamol and iboprofen to relieve the pain. Here's hoping it will finally disappear by next week - permanently. I HATE being ill - such a waste of life!

NEED to spend a day at the weekend, moving my entire photographic collection onto my two new external hard drives, which I still haven't done yet, which will then enable me to off load tons of photos including bird fair photos off my 32gb card and sort/add to blog!!! Apologies to blog readers for being seriously behind with adding photos - it will be resolved soon!

Same birds around as yesterday in Norfolk with the added addition of 2 Ravens seen at Holkham, Greenish Warbler stayed all day at Halfway House (BP), male Red-backed Shrike 200 yards west of Coastguards, Cley.

Two bombs were discovered on Blakeney Point today! Bomb squad off down the beach late evening to detonate!!!

4 comments:

  1. Not surprised you've got germs if you spent most of Birdfair snogging Simon King, bet you didn't actually have time to take any photos. But hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are unwell again, Penny, but look on the bright side ... the fact that you can hardly eat is good news for the diet :)
    I hear that Simon King was feeling a bit groggy today too !!!!!

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mcw - Well actually yes I did have two peck on the cheek kisses, but snogging.... (in my dreams!!!) Re: photos - took tons.... watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graham - thanks! Definately good news for the diet, agreed! How do you know Simon was feeling 'groggy'? Being serious now, I didn't think he looked very well at all, when I saw him on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete